Dr. Prakash gave a platform for the PGDM students to groom in a professional skill set by enhancing the knowledge and communication skill. The Post Graduates in Management would be aspiring to be “Managers” / “Leaders” as soon as they pass out of the B-Schools in Bangalore. Our IIBS PGDMs / MBAs need to be different from other PGDMs / MBAs of the same academic year’s batch (2019-20) coming out of other B Schools (competitors) to get their first job. The need for “entrepreneur traits” required in the Corporate world has to be the differentiator among the PGDMs / MBAs to be Managers/Leaders.
“Make it or Break it” session would be providing students with the professional business knowledge and enhancing their communication Skills. Impart training students on Teamwork & leadership capabilities and also to higher analytical thinking.
The sessions with case studies would focus on:
- How do you “really learn” the insights of business?
- Business leadership is all about:
- Smart thinking
- Out of the box thinking
- Start your management education “by doing”!
- Disruptive Innovation
- The way ahead: Successful Entrepreneurs to Motivate
The sessions of games would give a sense of practical applicability of the subject and the concepts that are learnt. Some examples of such games include:
- Time Management Game
- Paper planes: This game helps in recalling the topics of the talk by the faculty and engaging everyone.
- The “I”s Have It: Why do so many of us have difficulty avoiding the use of ‘I’ in conversation? This game would hence illustrate how we tend to be more self-centred than we may have thought and to demonstrate the importance of focusing on the other person/s.
- Building Towers: This game illustrates how teams use the available resources, who plays a leader’s role and who are their followers, how they act as a team.
- Quiz on entrepreneurship