Don’t worry. Don’t panic. There is never too late to start CAT preparation. The minute you make up your mind to prepare for CAT, that very moment you can start your preparations.
Here’s the list of do’s and don’ts as you prepare yourself for the CAT:
- The best way to build a vocabulary and the very first step towards your critical thinking while you prepare for CAT should be reading. Read anything- novels, books, blog posts or any other online articles related to CAT. This will help you increase your reading speed and also it will help you stay focused.
- Start reading through brain solving teasers; solve logical problems to boost up your IQ levels.
- Building a good vocabulary can be a task; but thankfully there are many CAT tools available online that will let you crack the CAT exam.
- While you prepare for CAT you have two choices of either learning by self or taking up coaching classes. But either preparation, you need to strategize, plan and chalk out your plus and minus areas.
- For best results planning, strategy and dedicated focus is the key ingredient for a successful CAT preparation.
- To break your regular pattern of reading, try playing game like chess and sodoku can improve your thinking skills, as dividing time to complete the CAT paper can be a challenge.
- Reading newspapers like The Hindu is a great way to enhance your vocabulary skills and it can be a plus point in developing an all around personality that helps you in your PI rounds of CAT.
- Take daily tests to track your growth rate and performance as you prepare for your CAT.
- Try solving old CAT papers that will make you understand the trends and format of the exam.
- Mock tests help you improve accuracy which is essential part of the CAT exam. Attempt online mock tests which will help you in channelizing the time to be given to each topic.
- Look for video concepts which can cover the entire CAT syllabus in detail.
With above tricks, you can start your preps for the CAT anytime! Best of luck!