Everyone aspiring to do an MBA has at least thought about it once in a lifetime with possibly a vague answer as the resultant. Vague because technically, there’s no ‘right’ time to do an MBA! Yes, with clichéd patterns of doing an MBA immediately after graduation beginning to become a passé, people are now pondering when is the best time to take up an MBA program.
Though it might seem to be very tempting to get the ‘Masters in business administration’ feather in your hat, it is recommended that you introspect thoroughly before taking such a life-changing decision. Few questions that you
may ask yourself can be:
- Why do I need to do an MBA?
- Am I ready to take up such a program now? If not, when?
- Do I have all the resources to enrol and successfully complete it?
- Am I prepared and fulfil all the prerequisites of the institute where I am intending to apply?
- Will I lag behind if I do not improve my educational qualification now?
- Does it require any past professional experience?
- Will I be capable enough to get a lucrative job after the program?
All in all, if you are mentally and financially ready along with some appropriate
professional experience you are good to take up an MBA program. This implies that taking up an MBA immediately after graduation is not a very smart decision. Whereas, some strong professional experience chisels you to take up
the challenges faced in such programs and help you understand the fundamentals better.
Also Read : IIBS Placement