Frankly speaking, there is no dearth of B-Schools in Bangalore; you will find a cluster of MBA colleges spread across the length and breadth of the city. And, generally one gets the feeling of them being good for management education. But, try weighing them against the global benchmarks, you would come up with a few that meet the criterion. Assuming that best business schools in Bangalore are on top your mind, it is suggested to base your selection on tried & trusted criteria.
It is imperative that such proven list of criteria should include:
- Whether students are groomed and trained in niche areas that are complementary to comprehensive expertise in management. Your prospective business school in Bangalore is said to be fulfilling such requirement if and only it has a program that is employment oriented, driven purely by merit and better learning practices, and focused on vertical specializations.
- Second, it needs to be verified if the curriculum administered in your business school in Bangalore is flexible enough to adapt to changing business scenario, and integrated with specific industry needs with emphasis on periodic revision & customization. An MBA curriculum is said to be globally relevant when if it is industry-relevant, employs contemporary approach, and built on flexible modules.
- Third, higher CAT/XAT/MAT /GMAT cut-off percentages do go a long way in determining the goodwill of your prospective business school in Bangalore. While institutions may have their own screening tests, it is the CAT/XAT/MAT /GMAT rankings that count the most. More the common entrance cut-off percentage more is the credibility of an MBA institution.
- Fourth and perhaps more critical, it is the teaching method & the resources that best decides the quality of your prospective business school in Bangalore. It demands a highly committed and qualified faculty with best balance of academicians and industry professionals, most current and innovative teaching pedagogy, with industry focused curriculum, special focus on participation in seminars, conferences, research, consultancy projects and corporate training programs, and integrated ‘Personality Enhancement Program’ (PEP) focused on Life-skills & Wellness to qualify as a quality-conscious management institution.
- Fifth and most significant, it is the placement history, the market-value, the affiliation, and the ranking in the elite B-Schools that would eventually help you make an informed decision on your potential business school in Bangalore. Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS), Institute of Business Management &Technology (IBMT), IFIM Business School, Alliance Business School, PES Institutions, East West Group Of Institutions, Ramaiah Institute of Management Studies (RIMS), St. Joseph's College of Business Administration (SJCBA), Training & Advance Studies in Management & Communication Ltd (TASMAC) have consistently been listed in the top 10 for their impressive record in placement & market-value, which currently varies from anywhere between Rs. 5 lakhs to crores as annual salary offered to their MBA graduates.
Internal Institute of Business Studies (IIBS) – thoroughly qualifying on the criteria highlighted earlier – merits first preference in your search for Best Business School in Bangalore; with an impressive placement record, IIBS commands, on an average, Rs. 2.5 as average salalary for its graduates at campus selection. In an exceptional case, an IIBS graduate has even got an offer as high as Rs. 63 lakhs from a leading corporate entity.