In agriculture and gardening hybrid seed is produced by cross-pollinated plants. Hybrid seed production is predominant in modern agriculture and home gardening. It is one of the main contributors to the dramatic rise in agricultural output during the last half of the 20th century. The alternatives to hybridization are open pollination and clonal propagation.
All of the hybrid seeds planted by the farmer will produce similar plants, while the seeds of the next generation from those hybrids will not consistently have the desired characteristics. Controlled hybrids provide very uniform characteristics because they are produced by crossing two inbred strains. These hybrid strains are used that express well-documented and consistent phenotypes that are relatively good for inbreeding plants.MBA in entrepreneurship in Bangalore
Hybrids are chosen to improve the characteristics of the resulting plants, such as better yield, greater uniformity, improved color, disease resistance. An important factor is the heterosis or combining ability of the parent plants. Crossing any particular pair of inbred strains may or may not result in superior offspring. The parent strains used are therefore carefully chosen so as to achieve the uniformity that comes from the uniformity of the parents, and the superior performance that comes from heterosis.
The main use of hybridization is to create new varieties of plants by cross-pollination of the same species in a simple way.
- BUSINESS ANALYTICS | Karnataka PGCET MBA Counselling 2021
- Farmers Suicide in India | Best MBA Colleges in Bangalore accepting PGCET
- TEAMWORK AND MANAGEMENT | TOP MBA Colleges in Bangalore accepting PGCET Score
- MBA in Agri-Business | MBA colleges in Bangalore accepting PGCET
- IMPORTANCE OF LEADERSHIP IN MANAGEMENT | MBA College under PGCET in Bangalore
- MBA in Business Analytics |Best MBA Colleges under PGCET in Bangalore
- Why Do an MBA in Finance? – Must Read for MBA Aspirants | PGCET for MBA admissions in Karnataka
- An Overview OF MBA Program | MBA College under PGCET in Bangalore