On the 6th day of the MOM program Prof.Sibanand, a faculty at IIBS conducted a session on industrial disputes. “Industrial Disputes mean any dispute or difference between employers and employers or between employers and workmen or between workmen and workmen, which is connected with the employment or non-employment or terms of employment or with the conditions of labor of any person”. The faculty briefed about industrial disputes and clarified the following questions during the session. MBA Finance in Bangalore
What is the cause of industrial dispute?
- Break-down of communication.
- Lack of appreciation and respect.
- Change of economic and commercial circumstances.
- Differing legal concepts/changes in the law.
- Technical problems / defective products.
- Differing views of underlying facts.
- Impact of third parties/force majeure.
What are the effects of industrial disputes?
- The common consequences of industrial disputes are loss of production, income, and employment and an increase in inflation and cost of living.
How can we solve industrial disputes?
- Industrial disputes can be resolved by way of adjudication i.e. settlement of an industrial dispute by a labor court or industrial tribunal. The appropriate government may refer a dispute to adjudication depending on the failure of conciliation proceedings.
The session's methodology included:
- Outlining the nature and difficulties of industrial disputes
- Resolved six significant industrial dispute cases in India. The cases involved Honda Motors 2005, Maruti Manesar 2012, Regency Ceramics 2012, ONGC 2009, Toyota 2022, and Mahindra 2009.
- A presentation in groups on collective bargaining.
- MCQ on Labor disputes.
The session was a fantastic opportunity for the students to learn. The session's high point was the students' engaged participation.
- FIN-TALK–An Interactive Session-MOM-5-Session-2 | MBA in project management in Bangalore
- A Session On Placement Intro and LinkedIn-MOM D-5 | Top MBA Colleges in Bangalore
- Industrial visit to Emmvee Photovoltaic Power Private Limited | MBA in Business Analytics Bangalore
- WORKSHOP ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT | M-Day-4 | Mba in Project Management in Bangalore
- Management students meet at Ramaiah College of Arts, Science, and commerce | Mba Colleges in Bangalore
- Inaugural Ceremony of Agri-Club at IIBS | ABM college in Bangalore
- Introduction to Digital Library | MOM Programme | Day-3 | MBA program in Bangalore