Online education is a kind of educational instruction that is delivered through the internet to students through their home computers or laptops or smart phones. In the last decade, online degrees and courses have become popular for a wide range of non-traditional students such as those who want to continue working full-time. Mostly online degree programs and courses are offered via the host Institution’s online learning platform. Severe recession of 2008 has created poor economic situations where people are upgrading/changing their career through online educational/ training programs. Online learning programmes will also open up opportunities for children from weaker socio-economic communities who have limited access to learning resources. mba in hr bangalore
Pros of online education: The pros of online education are as under:
1. Student centred: It is student centred approach. Within an online discussion, the individual student can respond is smaller conversations with in the group. In this way students can control their own learning experiences to meet their own specific needs.
2. High Quality Dialog: Within an online discussion, the learner may reflect on comments from others before responding or moving on to next topic. This structure allows students to articulate responses with more depth. mba in hr colleges in bangalore
3. Access to Resources: The students can access to resources and materials that may be physically located anywhere in the world. It is easy to include guest experts or students from other institutions in an online class. mba admission 2023 in bangalore
4. Better opportunities to concentrate: You can choose any place that helps you learn the material to gain a greater understanding of the overall body of knowledge you need to earn your degree. mba admission in bangalore 2023
5. Discriminatory Factors: In online classes, learners are not being judged on factors like physical appearance, age, dress, race gender and disabilities. The entire focus and attention is on lectures and the content of the discussion. So each student can concentrate and intelligently contribute to the material provided.
Cons of online education: The Cons of online education are as under:
1. Economic Reasons: All learners belong to different socioeconomic background, many do not have access to the internet facility and other technology may be because of economic reasons, this might exclude such eligible students from the course in general and in rural parts of the country in particular. mba in business analytics bangalore
2. Computer Literary: If the individual is not having a minimum level of computer literacy, he will not be able to gain his knowledge.
3. Cheating and Plagiarism: Precise methods have to be developed to prevent cheating in online assignments and exams as students are sitting in isolation without being monitored.
4. Problematic for Instructors: As software is getting more and more advanced, instructors are constantly trying to learn how to keep up. Traditional instructors believing in lectures and handouts may have a tough time in adopting the system and software.
5. Limited Social Interaction: There is a limited opportunity to interact face-to-face to professors and other students. The possibility of local networking opportunities is limited as most of the communication is through e-mail, chat rooms or discussion groups, but no offline get-togethers.
Conclusion: Online education has brought a positive change in the lives of students and working professionals. It has provided an opportunity to take up additional courses along with their studies or job as per their convenience. But there is dire need to train the teachers as per the new requirements of online education so that the real objective of online education may be achieved. Moreover, the internet and other required infrastructure need to be improved so that online education may be effectively provided to the concerned students. This will help in providing education to the masses.
- An Overview of Your Career in Business Analytics | MBA in Business Analytics Bangalore
- Importance of Talent Management in Human Resource | MBA Institutes in Bangalore
- IIBS Annual Convocation Ceremony of 2020-22 Batch | MBA Courses in Bangalore
- The Most Important Skills for a Successful Corporate Career | Top b Schools in Bangalore for MBA
- Procrastination – A Threat to Professional Productivity | Bangalore MBA Top Colleges
- Operational Risk Management in Indian Commercial Banking | MBA Institutes in Bangalore
- How the IT Industry is shaping the future of India? | MBA in Business Analytics in Bangalore
- The Future Of The Logistics And Supply Chain Management Industry | AICTE Approved MBA College in Bangalore